From UBCMATH WIKI
Revision as of 20:05, 15 September 2017 by Elyse
- The Old-School Homework (OSH) are to be handed in electronically using Crowdmark, an online assignment-submission and marking app. You'll get an email a few days before the assignment is due, which contains a link to the submission page. See the CrowdMark FAQ Page for common sources of frustration.
- With the exception of OSH 1, if you do not receive an email by the end of the "Assigned" date, check Piazza to see if others have received one. If it is a FULL DAY after the "Assigned" date and you still haven't received an email from Crowdmark, contact your instructor. Keep in mind that you can start working on the OSH before getting the email - they will be posted below soon before the Crowdmark emails go out - so there is no need to panic (not until the due date, at least). The OSH 1 email will be sent out after OSH 0 is returned to ensure you incorporate the OSH 0 feedback.
- Messy, disorderly, low resolution or poorly exposed submissions may be rejected at the discretion of your marker.
- Links to each OSH can be found below along with due dates.
- For examples of how to write up your work, check out the style examples in the table below (these examples demonstrate content not formatting).
- For comments and examples of barely or unacceptable quality submissions, see these notes and images.
- All OSH marking schemes will have one point for quality of presentation and two points for communication style in addition to points for correctly solving the problem:
- Presentation - 0 pts for poor presentation, 1 pt for satisfactory presentation.
- Communication - 0 pts if the work is hard to follow because of a lack or excess of verbal explanation. 1 pt if it is ok to follow but has some missing or extraneous verbal explanation. 2 pts if it is both complete and concise in the verbal explanations.
|OSH 0||Wed, Sept 6||8:59 pm, Wed, Sept 13|
|OSH 1||Wed, Sept 6||8:59 pm, Fri, Sept 15||Sol.1||Ex.1|
|OSH 2||Mon, Sept 18||8:59 pm, Fri, Sept 29||Sol.2||Ex.2a|
|OSH 3||Mon, Oct 2||8:59 pm, Fri, Oct 13||Sol.3||Ex.3 (directly relevant in 2014 only)|
|OSH 4||Wed, Oct 18||8:59 pm, Fri, Oct 20||Sol.4|
|OSH 5||Mon, Oct 30||8:59 pm, Fri, Nov 10||Sol.5|
|OSH 6||Mon, Nov 13||8:59 pm, Fri, Nov 24||Sol.6|