Videos and demos
From UBCMATH WIKI
Revision as of 14:27, 18 August 2017 by Elyse
The following links will take you to videos covering various topics in the course.
- Checking that a given function is a solution to a differential equation.
- Videos from Math 100 -- there is a lot of overlap between Math 100 and Math 102, so some of these videos may be useful to you.
The following links will take you to interactive Desmos demos.
- Hill functions
- Continuity of piecewise functions (1).
- Continuity of piecewise functions (2).
- Newton's method applied to a quadratic function (you can change the function in the first line to anything you want).
- Critical points on a quadratic function.
- Critical points on a cubic function.
- Least squares - finding the mean of a data set.
- Least squares - finding the best line $y=ax$ through a data set.
- Least squares - finding the best line $y=ax+b$ through a data set.
For more resources, check out Getting help.