From UBCMATH WIKI
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 8-9am, in Buchanan Block A, Room A201.
- Conan Wong, whose e-mail is conan (at) math (dot) ubc (dot) ca.
- Office hours
- Mondays 12:30-2pm in Math Annex Room 1102, and
- Thursdays 1:30-3pm in Math Annex Room 1118.
Section 208 Specific Announcements
[last updated on 7 Mar 2014]
- Midterm Exam 2
- Date: 12 Mar 2014 (Wed)
- Time: 6:30 to 7:30pm
- Venue: Forest Sciences Centre (FSC) Room 1005 [same venue as Midterm 1]
- Topics: Chapters 1 to 8
Please arrive at the venue at least 15 minutes earlier to get seated and receive administrative instructions.
- Midterm Review
- Three past Midterm 2 papers have been posted on the Resources page for your practice. [Note that the syllabus has changed from year to year. If a past exam question does not relate to our current Chapters 1 to 8, then you can disregard it.]
- Review of concepts session: Lecture on 12 Mar (Wed), 8-9am.
- Extended Office Hours on Monday
- In the run up to the Midterm, my office hours on Monday (10 Mar 2014) will be extended from 12:30pm to 3pm.
Most of these links can also be accessed via the navigation menu on the left.
- Grading and Exam Policies
- The course's grading and examination policies (including the formulae sheet) can be found towards the bottom of this page.
- Math 103 Home
- The main course webpage contains the course description, important dates and course-wide announcements.
- Course Schedule and Syllabus
- Outline of the course schedule and syllabus.
- Course Notes
- The course notes originally authored by Prof. Leah Keshet and later supplemented by various others. Please read through each topic (i.e. chapter) briefly before I cover it in class (see Course Schedule above).
- Problem Sets
- Exercise problems relating to the above course notes. There are also some straightforward practice questions (with answers) embedded in the course syllabus document, which you can find here.
- Online WeBWorK homework is assigned on a weekly schedule (with few exceptions due to midterms). Remember to use the "E-mail Instructor" button on your WeBWorK page only for technical issues pertaining to the WeBWorK system. All math content-related queries can be asked in other fora (e.g. Piazza, my office hours, the Math Learning Centre or e-mail me).
- Old-School Homework
- Traditional homework is assigned on a bi-weekly schedule. Your work and solutions must be submitted on paper to me in class. I encourage discussions amongst yourselves so that you can help each other learn, especially on Piazza (see link below). However, each person must submit his/her own homework (i.e. no group submissions).
- Other Resources
- Other resources.